Class Cancellations & Pool Closures
Our hearing with the Board of Variance and Appeals is on June 21st at 10:00 am. If you can make it to the hearing and speak on the programâ€™s behalf, we would greatly appreciate it.
Kelly & Joe
We hate to send these kinds of emails out, mainly because we know missing classes is a bummer for both the swimmers and for us. However, we would rather postpone the classes for an additional week than to try to teach in the training pool where the heater is still broken (and is freezing!). The 50m pool is closed and repairs have been made; the County is now cleaning the pool as well as balancing the chemicals. They are hopeful that it will reopen on Monday. We were also told that a heater for the training pool is in line to be ordered, so hopefully that will also be resolved soon.
The positive to the pool not functioning, is the County gave us authorization to extend our current permit to accommodate for the missed classes, which is outstanding. This should push the lessons through mid-June, giving us a longer time period to work on skills, although the number of classes will remain the same. The actual dates have not been determined as we must wait to until the pool reopens to see how many classes were missed. We will let you know as soon as we know.
With that being said, our next class date is May 19th; please remember May 12th is the Seabury Hall Craft Fair thus no classes were scheduled for that date. This should give the pool plenty of time to be repaired and time to bring the temperature up.
This month is National Water Safety Month so our Beach & Ocean Safety (BOS) class came at a perfect time. For those who attended class last week at Baby Beach-GREAT JOB! We are very proud of all our swimmers; everyone did amazing.=) We look forward to seeing more growth in this area and are grateful to have folks like you willing to work with us on cutting edge curriculum. We truly appreciate your dedication to ensuring the safety of our Ohana, especially our keiki, so thank you!
We will be sending you the newsletter as soon as we hear about the appeal date; inside you will find some lifesaving tips, resources, and even a downloadable song and APP.
We are still awaiting the hearing date for the appeal and will keep you informed as we learn more details.
Our deeps apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and we do hope to see you folks on the 19th.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter,
Joe & Kelly
We are now posting changes to the class schedule on our Facebook Page, so look there for the latest updates.
Live Weather Forecast: http://www.wunderground.com/printer/cityforecast.asp?MR=1
The decision to cancel classes, due to poor weather conditions or pool closures, will be made at 8:00 am. If cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, we will NOT make-up the class. If we cancel a class for another reason, we will work with you to figure out a make-up class. We will make-up classes only within a group class; no special individual classes. *Please see the make-up class policy.
Forecasts are gathered from the National Weather Service and Weather Underground.
Sakamoto Pool Closed until further notice!